Introduction

 

My names are Emily Okero, I reside in Dallas Texas. I'm married to my wonderful husband George Okero. We have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters. I have a MS in Cyber Security from the University of Dallas. Currently pursuing my Doctorate in Computer science in the concentration of Cyber security and Information Assurance. I work as a Cyber Security Engineer here in Dallas Texas. This is my 4th semester into my doctoral journey, I'm looking forward to acquiring all the information as possible as I aspire to be a great scholar.

Currently as we can evidently see, things are changing and technology is rampantly moving to the next level unchangeably, most companies and organizations are stepping up their game to have secure protocols in place to protect their data and information accordingly. Cyber security has been incorporated and is universally used today, whereby everyone is becoming aware of the importance of securing their activities as they regularly browse and conduct businesses online. The standards and major role of cybersecurity is skyrocketing, due to the high demands of the activities (Siegel, R. 2019).

Information Technology is a complex field, which requires someone to have solid analytical skills, also be experienced with modern computer hardware and software and the outstanding communication abilities both verbally and written. Working in cybersecurity sphere also implies having high ethical standards and systems. Information technology is challenging and at the same time extremely rewarding career which I got attracted to for a long time, where I was undecided if I could be able to pursue it with my non IT background, because to me it was a huge and a big of a task for me because growing up, we had no computers, I had no idea of what happens beyond what I saw in front of me. Back home in Kenya I aspired to be a teacher, and that is what my undergraduate was. I never dreamt that I will be a Cyber security Analyst or engineer. It was during My internship at Pioneer Natural Resources that I confidently started learning more about IT disciplines and technologies, and this helped me to develop a desire of growing deep and sharpening my abilities in IT concentrating more on Cyber Security.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Futuring and Innovation II

The Socio-technical Plan in Robotics

Cyber Security Innovation for the Future